I started writing and blogging 5 years ago. It fulfilled a desire for self-discovery and self expression.
Suddenly, given time to stop and reflect, my life perplexed me. A 6 week recovery from a hysterectomy opened the gate to something more. I had given myself permission to feel better, after my road weary uterus was put out to pasture. In reality I had a spiritual wound which manifested itself into fatigue, physical pain, discontent and some bitterness.
My search for something more landed me on my computer late, late into the night. I had a full time job. My husband worked out of town 90% of the time. I was running a household and caring for 2 children. Who had time to explore in the real world?
In the bizarre bazaar of the internet (as Angela would say) I connected with “my people”. I read. I learned. I chatted. I’ve nurtured online and in person friendships as a result. I discovered myself really. It fueled my dreams and now I’m doing more than cruising the online world. I’m getting involved in the real world by being and doing ME!
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Like I said, I’ve met amazing people at the bizarre online bazaar, Angela Shelton being one of them. She has listed me along side 14 other bloggers that inspire, bestowing the honor of the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
I accept the award. Inspiration is everywhere. I’ve found it online and in the real world. I just needed to look. I just needed to know my heart. I just needed to open my heart. The smallest of things inspire and I accept the award because it makes me accountable to living my life. That’s what inspires, the courage to live your life, walking with and through the fear of what it means to live your purpose, when it is the scariest thing to do.
The very cool thing about this are the rules to it and how I now get to introduce you to other awesome bloggers that I love. Clever and fun!
7 Things About Me
#1 – I am a Traveling Sanctuary and so is my B*a*g (believe * act * go)
#2 – The older I get the younger I get.
There is nothing better than having the life experiences in your autumn years along with a youthful heart. Double Whammy!
#3 – I know my top 5 talent themes (Find your top talents at Strength Finders 2.0.)
- Connectedness – I create peace within groups and between people by linking them to one another.
- Maximizer – Dwelling on my shortcomings strikes me as an utter waste of time. I routinely deepen my understanding through conversation.
- Empathy – I am very alert to the unexpected ideas and feelings contained in words of an individual. I honor the natural desire of human beings to be heard without interruption.
- Relator – I talk about complicated topics or situations by highlighting only the basic points.
- Intellection – I gravitate towards people who converse about ideas at a deeper and more thoughtful level than most.
#4 – I’m a huge dork. See photo above and below.
#5 - I love to dance. It is core to my existence. (Wow! I’m feeling like this whole post is about me. Feeling a little uncomfortable with that. I’m an Introvert and proud of it.)
#6 – I’m a Night Owl. I find it difficult to converse before 10am in the morning.
#7 – I think humans are amazing, beautiful creatures.
Shout Out to 15 Amazing Bloggers (women with a presence online)
- Enchanted Makeovers – Terry Grahl
- I’m Choosing Beauty – Liv Lane
- White Hot Truth – Danielle LaPorte
- Inspire Somebody – Britini Wilson
- Erica Staab
- Dottie Angel
- Right Brain Business Plan – Jennifer Lee
- Pink Slipper Project – Joyce
- The Introverted Entrepreneur – Beth Buelow
- Ordinary Courage – Brene Brown
- Owning Pink
- Rhonda Dean
- Lori Bestler
- and of course Angela Shelton